So your best friends just asked you to hang out with them because they feel that you haven’t been around. By that they mean dinner and/or drinks. Don’t you wish at this point everyone was being strict at the same time? That way you don’t have the same excuse “Well I am dieting and really don’t want to be around the temptations”. What do you do now? Are you in or are you out? In can mean you might stare at everyones food and might even taste a couple bites and then risk ruining your diet. Out can be you seeing photos of your best friends on Facebook the following day looking like they had a blast while you were at home watching reruns of “Two and a Half Men” screaming “#WINNING ” during the commercial breaks while grabbing your next bite of tilapia and asparagus.
For me, sometimes I am in and most times I am out. I try to catch up with my girlfriends as much as possible but it’s challenging when you are training, running your own business, and majority of them live atleast 3 hours away. Family comes first to me. Any moment I get a chance to spend time with the family I take advantage of it. Even with family I tend to be caught in this situation. Most of the time when everybody hangs out they want to go somewhere and eat. It is Here are some of the things I like to do when in Austin and these things come up:
Suggest restaurants that you know will provide clean food-here are a list of mine
- Whole Foods Market – my favorite supermarket in the world. I always go their with friends and create my own salad at the salad bar. They have great outdoor seating and indoor. Very chill and relaxing.
- Steeping room– My favorite Tea house! They have hundreds of teas. My favorite is the “Coconut Green Tea”. They have really yummy edemame and salads. I usually ask for that without the salt.
- Chillis -Because it is close to my parents house we have always made a little tradition to always go here. For appetizer, I ask for their brocolli and ask them not to put any butter and seasonings. For dinner I always get their house salad minus cheese and croutons and ask for a side of salsa or pico de gallo to use as my dressing.
- Saltgrass Steakhouse– They have a really great grilled chicken breast that is really big. The first thing I do is ask for a to go box before eating it and put half of it in the to go box. Also they have a great sweet potato there and also seasonal vegetables
- Midori Sushi– I love this place they have a great “Marilyn Roll” but when dieting I stick to sashimi , salad, and edemame
- Magnolia Cafe-One of my favorite places that me and my girlfriends love going to for cheats to get “Elvis Pancakes” but when I am eating clean I love their omelettes! Minus the cheese though I rarely do dairy.
- Brunch– you can always make my protein waffles, sweet potato, and/or add some fruit on the side and make fresh orange juice or lemonade
- Dinner – Bake a healthy dinner, for snacks and appetizer maybe a vegetable tray with hummus
- BBQ– Grill some chicken, shrimp, flank steak and vegetables. You can easily create some yummy fajitas, shish kabobs, salads etc… and for beverages fresh lemonade with some stevia. Mashed sweet potatoes would be great with this too!
- Outdoor running-I have a couple of girlfriends I always run with in town. Everytime I am in town I make sure this happens. Not only is it a great way to catch up, but it keeps me in tip top shape. Running is my favorite form of cardio because I get an endorphin rush and have great energy throughout the day.
- Gym- I have a couple of girlfriends that can hang when I workout with them. Its benefiting them because they are getting a free personal training session hehe!
- Movie theatre-I am big on movies. I like to always see the latest comedy so you bet I sneak my snack and Vitamin Water Zero with me. I hope Cinemark doesn’t come looking for me now! lol
- Coffee shop dates – I love coffee and I love checking out trendy coffee shops!
- Sun Bathe-Layout at Barton Springs and/or my sisters pool
- Family bonding-Play basketball with the family in their backyard